Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Getting Ready for Orientation May 4-8

So! Here we are, counting down our time to orientation. This is Tricia Huckaby with a couple notes about what's on my mind.

First of all, things are going smoothly more or less. I keep feeling like there is so much more that I could be doing to prepare... reading particular books or learning Nyanja, but then daily life happens or the sun comes out (and it's actually come out a few times lately!! Yeah!!!)

It boils down to this: Our paperwork is done and once we are through our orientation, I have a feeling I'll be looking at a lengthy and in-depth To-Do List. We will have an enormous amount of fund-raising to do and we'll have a training strategy to put into action. Right now I am praying and that's probably the best kind of preparation. And, I'm trying to keep myself involved by digging into our Bible study, the ladies' study, and meeting regularly with a new accountability partner and my counselor. I've been working on my testimony to share at orientation as well.

I'm a little nervous about orientation, but very pumped about everything. And we're having a great time. It will be awesome to share about orientation and I'm so looking forward to that. Please please please be praying for us. It means the world to us!!!

1 comment:

Pete Williamson said...

very excited for you guys...I'm interested in seeing what you've found for Nyanja resources. see you guys tomorrow, hopefully!