Getting Ready for Orientation May 4-8

So! Here we are, counting down our time to orientation. This is Tricia Huckaby with a couple notes about what's on my mind.

First of all, things are going smoothly more or less. I keep feeling like there is so much more that I could be doing to prepare... reading particular books or learning Nyanja, but then daily life happens or the sun comes out (and it's actually come out a few times lately!! Yeah!!!)

It boils down to this: Our paperwork is done and once we are through our orientation, I have a feeling I'll be looking at a lengthy and in-depth To-Do List. We will have an enormous amount of fund-raising to do and we'll have a training strategy to put into action. Right now I am praying and that's probably the best kind of preparation. And, I'm trying to keep myself involved by digging into our Bible study, the ladies' study, and meeting regularly with a new accountability partner and my counselor. I've been working on my testimony to share at orientation as well.

I'm a little nervous about orientation, but very pumped about everything. And we're having a great time. It will be awesome to share about orientation and I'm so looking forward to that. Please please please be praying for us. It means the world to us!!!

Comments

Pete Williamson said…
very excited for you guys...I'm interested in seeing what you've found for Nyanja resources. see you guys tomorrow, hopefully!