So I've Got That Going For Me

This week I've been meditating on probably the most important fact of my entire life. Here's what I've been thinking...

The Bible says that there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. This means that for people who trust in Jesus and the grace of God for our salvation, we are saved. We won't ever be punished for our sin, because Jesus has already paid for it. He died for it.

When God looks at me, he doesn't see my sin, he's sees his own son's righteousness in me. Did you hear that? When God looks at me, he doesn't see all the many faults and failures of Tricia Huckaby, he sees the righteousness of Jesus Christ covering me.

And here's the clincher. If God has existed always and forever into the past and into the future; and if God has always known me as his child because of his son, Jesus, well then, there has never been a moment, never ever ever ever ever NEVER where God did not totally and completely LOVE me and DELIGHT in me. Are you hearing me? It's amazing. Because of Jesus, there has never been a day where God was not loving me and pouring out his grace on me.

Sometimes I've had days where I was thinking God was looking at me the way it seemed like he looked at the Israelites in the old testament. He'd be looking at them thinking, "Look at these unfaithful people. They don't love me. They don't serve me. I'm outta here." But that is actually NEVER the case. That is why Jesus came. To make sure that God's people were really really safe. Not just a little bit loved. Not just loved if they did everything right. But totally and completely safe and loved no matter what.

So, that has been really blowing my mind. And it has occurred to me how different this world would look if every single person really understood this fact of love and really lived out of that perfect love every day. Wow. That would be heaven.

Comments