I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!

The Ciyanjano Reading Room project has turned out to be all that I imagined. I LOVE IT! Thank you, Jesus! I've always wanted to serve this community with good books and it is such a privilege to have this chance. You know, it is always so mind-blowing to see the way the Lord can take our ideas and dreams and just run off with them! Now my mind is always racing with ways to make this ministry bigger and better, and I think the Lord is one step ahead of me (of course).

Our lovely and lively Violet works Monday to Thursday from 8:30 to 15 hours. Nelson works Tues., Wed., Fri. from 7 to 16 and then we have one of our former Bible Club kids (now grown) working with Nelson on Saturdays.
Many teachers from the community are bring classes in to complete specific lessons or research.


We have so many visitors that we have developed an overflow space outside, which we are able to use now that the rains have stopped.


The Ciyanjano Reading Room is a free facility, because we want all people to be able to use it. In order to continue to maintain and improve the facility, and pay our attendants, we need to come up with an "income-generation project." So, my (brilliant) idea is to start renting out wedding and formal dresses and a reasonable cost. The proceeds will go to benefit the Ciyanjano Reading Room and hopefully even expand it. You can also donate directly to the Ciyanjano Reading Room project at https://www.actioninternational.org/explore/missionaries/ 
But listen, I need your help!
All the kids went nuts when we pulled this out!!
I am donating my wedding dress to get us started! I have a friend who has also contributed her dress. How about you?? Do you live in the Lusaka area and have a wedding dress boxed up somewhere dark and dusty? Give it to the Ciyanjano Reading Room (before rats make a nest out of it)!!! I'm serious... you don't need that thing lying about, do you? If you want to donate, contact me at thehuckabyfamily@gmail.com and I will even come pick it up. 

We will soon be promoting this income-generation project on the Ciyanjano Reading Room Facebook page, so keep your eyes wide open. Thanks so much for your support and prayers!



Comments