Propitiation

Today at Rivers of Joy our pastor went into the most interesting detail about the ark of the covenant. For those that aren't familiar with that, the Jews kept a special box in their place of worship that held the ten commandments, a jar of manna, and Aaron's staff which had budded. Anyway, the ark had a gold covering on top... you might remember this from my favorite Indiana Jones movie. But anyways, our pastor was talking about how the gold covering of the ark covered over the items that represented Israel's sins of rebellion against God's law, God's provision, and God's authority. The gold covering represented Christ, who covers over our sin.

Anyway, he went into quite a bit of detail about it and though it might sound rather boring to you right now, it was FANTASTIC. I am not exaggerating when I say that I was crying with joy at the thought of all of the rebellion that Christ's death and resurrection has destroyed. I really feel that I fell in love with Jesus all over again this morning. Needless to say, I am enjoying our new church. The current series on grace is something I needed to hear.

Comments